Executive Assistant to Senior Leadership (Bilingual)
ABOUT NIA TERO
Nia Tero is a US-based nonprofit working in solidarity with Indigenous peoples and movements worldwide. We have an inclusive culture guided by Indigenous wisdom, practices, and protocols. Our governing bodies, leadership, and staff are built upon diverse, Indigenous, and non-Indigenous identities and life experiences. As a bridging organization, we view this diversity as a source of our strength. Our mission is to work in solidarity with Indigenous peoples who sustain thriving territories and cultures to strengthen guardianship of Earth and all beings. Our vision is of an Earth where Indigenous guardianship of thriving homelands and waters is enabled everywhere possible on Earth. Nia Tero is in a start-up phase seeking candidates who thrive in a dynamic environment and are flexible as the organization grows and scales.
Reporting directly to the Senior Managing Director, Partnerships (SMD) and also supporting the Chief Program Officer (CPO), the Executive Assistant (EA) will provide executive administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship to manage scheduling, travel, event logistics, bilingual meeting minutes and synthesized meeting reports, pre and post meeting research and data analysis. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external audiences on all matters pertaining to the positions they support. This role also plans, guides, and monitors the workplans for the SMD and CPO initiated projects. This role will also be expected to periodically provide back-up EA support to the CEO and her/his Executive Assistant.
Scheduling and Administration - Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including:
- Plan and coordinate schedules and maintain active calendar of appointments
- Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Compile background documents and other materials for meetings
- As requested, record meeting minutes and notes
- Apply for international visas for SMD & CPO in a precise and timely manner
- Assist with maintaining digital file storage of documents (e.g., SharePoint, Salesforce)
- Work closely and effectively with the SMD & CPO to keep them well-informed on upcoming commitments and responsibilities; follow up appropriately
- Maintain the SMD & CPO’s list of contacts and relevant information in the CRM (Salesforce)
- Complete expense reports in a timely manner
Communication and Organizational Support
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the SMD & CPO with regional partners, donors, Fellows, Board members, Advisory Council members, staff, and others, on matters related to their initiatives
- Support the SMD & CPO with event organizing including drafting agendas, compiling necessary documents and correspondence, arranging travel for guests and visa preparation support, arranging catering and transportation, basic IT troubleshooting, and other event details
- Translation support for global meetings and/or event on behalf of the SMD and CPO, as requested
Research and Materials
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming requests, issues, and concerns addressed to the SMD & CPO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Draft, translate, proofread, and edit materials as requested.
- Ensure that SMD & CPO bios are kept up to date and respond to requests for materials regarding the SMD & CPO in a timely manner.
C-Suite Backup EA Support
- Periodically be available during and after normal working hours to triage and provide back-up EA support to the CEO and/or other C-suite executive.
- Demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and adaptability while providing back-up support, and proactive communication and partnership with the CEO’s Executive Assistant leading up to and after periodic support
Education and experience
- +5 years executive support experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred*
- Fluent Spanish or Portuguese speaker
- Strong work tenure: five or more years of experience supporting executives within a global organization
- Strong written and verbal skills in English and Spanish or Portuguese
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven ability to create and keep deadlines
*A combination of education, training, and experience which has provided theoretical and practical knowledge will be evaluated for equivalency.
Skills and abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, with ability to respond tactfully and diplomatically with a wide range of global leaders, executives, and community members.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish or Portuguese, including with stakeholders whose first language is not English.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to independent problem-solving and ability to execute workplans.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively; and follows through on projects to successful completion.
- Calm, flexible, confident, and adaptable while dealing with tight deadlines & nuanced Senior Leadership and/or C-suite administrative support needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in global settings, time zones, and with diverse internal and external partners from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds.
- Work experience and/or education in operations, communications, international travel (including an in depth understanding of global visa requirements) or nonprofit administration.
- Experience with Salesforce and project management software (e.g., Asana)
- Lived experience in areas outside the United States or in rural/remote settings
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL
This position is based in Seattle, WA with flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours as needed. Some day and night domestic travel and some international travel is a potential (up to 25%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Visually or otherwise identify, observe, and assess distance, color, and depth; Required to regularly communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
HOW TO APPLY
Nia Tero is a poly-cultural, global organization that strives to have an inclusive, equitable, and diverse work culture. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply.
The rate range for this position is USD $85,000.00-$95,000.00 annually based on experience. Our compensation program is U.S. based and pay ranges are representative of compensation in the U.S. market. For positions outside of the U.S., pay rates are determined based on the applicable local regional market.
This is a full-time permanent position and qualifies for healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision), 401K and paid time off (including vacation leave, sick leave and personal days).
If interested, please click on "APPLY NOW" to email your cover letter and resume by 17 March, 2023 and include “Executive Assistant to Senior Leadership” in the subject line
Senior Managing Director, Partnerships
Full time Part Time
Non-Exempt Exempt / Hourly Salary