Impact Investment Project Manager
Shared Commitments (Durable Support)
ABOUT NIA TERO
Nia Tero is a nonprofit organization established in 2017 with the mission to work in solidarity with Indigenous Peoples who sustain thriving territories and cultures to strengthen guardianship of Earth and all beings. We believe that if place-anchored people are thriving, the places that are key for all humanity will thrive as well. For this reason, we seek to work with Indigenous peoples and local communities that share a collective territory. Specifically, we seek partners with a vision for the future that maintains living connections to place and culture and sustains intergenerational anchoring in remarkable ecosystems. We aim to partner with them in the long term to support their work towards accomplishing their vision. Nia Tero is in a start-up phase seeking candidates and partners who thrive in a dynamic environment and are flexible as the organization grows and scales.
Reporting to the Nia Tero’s Director of Innovation & Infrastructure, the Impact Investment Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of all Program-Related Investment (PRI) activities, including due diligence, outreach with current and future partners, identifying and achieving project milestones. The Impact Investment Project Manager will work as a collaborative team member to the Nia Tero’s program team and finance team, and ensure alignment internally and externally on all aspects of PRI work. This position is part time estimated a 20 hours per week.
- Develop and document workflows and tools to set consistent and predictable due diligence assessments.
Conduct research on external partners, and support implementation of consultants for each due diligence project.
Identify potential opportunities for PRI fund deployment, in collaboration with the Director of Innovation & Infrastructure, Nia Tero’s regional teams, and Indigenous partners.
- Prepare key documents for all due diligence stage-gate decision milestones, and capture/disseminate notes and update documents related to potential PRI deals.
- Develop, compile and organize all relevant documentation in a dedicated online portal with investment opportunities, contacts, and project plans for all aspects of the due diligence process.
- Using the dedicated online portal, conduct sector, industry, and other research and organize for easy use.
- Coordinate and track identified consultancy contracts (i.e financial, sector, regional and/or impact assessments).
- Ensure robust communication and updates to program stakeholders.
PRI Monitoring, Tracking & Reporting
- Develop, maintain and drive alignment on robust, clear project plans
- Compile and present budget status updates/reports to the Director of Innovation & Infrastructure and other key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Maintain reporting material as defined in project plans including impact metrics, progress against plan milestones/timelines.
- Coordinate with Nia Tero Development team and Director of Innovation & Infrastructure to prepare and finalize reporting material to donors.
- Keep and maintain a list of available regional consultants
- Coordinate with Nia Tero’s Communications team and the Director of Innovation & Infrastructure regarding public communications campaigns as appropriate and applicable.
Education and Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of project management experience
- Experience with investment due diligence processes
- Demonstrated familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Familiarity and experience working with Indigenous Peoples preferred, as well as with nonprofits, and/or philanthropic institutions.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects in a timely and organized manner. Able to pivot quickly to respond to new requests.
- Comfort creating new systems and protocols and onboarding these processes in a diverse multicultural environment.
- Proficient in using word-processing and spreadsheet software, with preference for Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including with stakeholders whose first language is not English
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently, and to learn new skills if needed
- Ability to assess competing demands and proactive about prioritizing conflicting needs
- Experience learning from best practices while also being creative enough to depart from the status quo as needed
- Follows through on projects to successful completion, often under deadline pressure
- Strong learning acumen and motivation to stay informed of industry trends and new skills.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Teams, budget management tools, Asana, and/or other project management tools
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French and/or Portuguese
- Experience with start-up cultures
Working Conditions and Travel
This is a part-time position estimated at 20 hours per week for the duration of 12 months (with possibility of renewal dependent on performance), with flexibility to work some evenings and weekend hours as needed. The location of this role is flexible and the exact schedule and expectations will be agreed on during the contracting process.
Occasional travel (up to 10%)
HOW TO APPLY
Nia Tero is a poly-cultural, global organization that strives to have an inclusive, equitable, and diverse work culture. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply.
The rate range for this position is USD $43-$48 per hour based on experience. Our compensation program is US based and pay ranges are representative of compensation in the US market. For positions outside the US, pay rates are determined based on applicable local regional market. This is a temporary contract position and is not eligible for benefits.
If interested in this role, please click on "APPLY NOW" to email your cover letter and resume, please include “Impact Project Manager” in the subject line.
Director of Innovation & Infrastructure
Non-Exempt / Hourly