Date: Thursday, April 28, 2022
Time: 10:00 PT // 13:00 ET // 14:00 BRT // 19:00 CET // 22:30 IST (this event is 90 minutes long)
Languages: This event will be available in English and Spanish
Registration Link: tiny.cc/wayfinderscircle
**Must register in advance to attend.
Organizers: Co-organized by Nia Tero, Pawanka Fund, and Council of Elders of the World Union of Indigenous Spiritual Practitioners (WUISP)
Created in 2019, the Wayfinders Circle was established to amplify Indigenous leadership that manifests a time-tested understanding of the deep connection between humans and Mother Earth, and our collective responsibility to Earth and each other. The Wayfinders Circle currently includes 12 Indigenous members from around the world who are doing just that.
At this UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII) virtual side event on April 28, 2022, you will learn the story of the Wayfinders members, their lands, governance systems, and their contributions toward each others' shared learnings and efforts in Indigenous guardianship.
- Opening Ceremony
- Wayfinders Circle Initiative
- Presentation of the Governance Report - Dr. Myrna Cunningham
- Conversations between Wayfinders members (Moderated by Joan Carling), Native American Land Conservancy - Robert Paull , Sámiid Riikkasearvi - Anders Erling Fjällås, and Heiltsuk Nation - Clea Schooner
- Audience Q&A
- Final Remarks - Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim
- Closing ceremony - Prayer Gabbra People, Molu Kulu Galgallo