Date & Time: Saturday, April 17th. Show begins at dusk. Movies will run rain or shine.
Topic: Experience Seattle International Film Festival's Indigenous Programming at the Drive-In!
Location: Blue Fox Drive-In Theater (Oak Harbor, WA)
Tickets: FREE and open to the public! Advance registration is required. Register through Eventbrite.
*1 Ticket Per Car. First come, first serve. 300 capacity. Tickets/proof of registration required for admission.
About The Event: Nia Tero is excited to bring you Indigenous-made films from around the world in partnership with Seattle International Film Festival. We strive to uplift, amplify, and celebrate Indigenous voices and stories, and make them accessible to Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples here in Coast Salish territory. A drive-in experience provides a fun, safe environment to gather in community during these times.
Beans - A 12-year-old Mohawk girl’s coming-of-age story and political awakening during the Oka Crisis. Tracey Deer’s fresh voice reminds us of the importance of authentic representation and culturally-specific storytelling in cinema. Drawing upon her documentary roots and her experience growing up in the Kahnawake Mohawk Territory, Deer delivers a timely film grounded in authentic history. Watch the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnsGMMTSzXs
Love and Fury - A bold and honest look at the complexities of Native identity and art, through the lens of Sterlin Harjo, in conversation with Indigenous artists living in the US and abroad. This yearlong portrait of 20 creatives (musicians, poets, sculptors, performance artists, muralists, comedians) reminds the viewer of the rich, diverse, and sometimes brooding artistic expression of Native peoples. Watch the trailer: https://youtu.be/bMIExy0kfBA
Drive-In Guidelines: These guidelines apply to all events and movies taking place at the Blue Fox Drive-In!
Tune your radio to 88.7FM to listen to the show!
We do have radios for rent. We rent them for $3 and a photo ID which we return after the radio is returned.
If you plan to visit The Backlot Tavern, please let us know so you can keep your I.D.
1. If you or your family are sick or think you may have been exposed to someone that has contracted COVID-19, please stay home!
2. To help protect our employees and guests, face coverings that cover the mouth and nose must be worn when outside a vehicle. This requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to individuals who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition.
3. Please practice Social/Physical distancing when outside your vehicles. We have placed floor markings to help with distancing measures. Please monitor your children and only bring as many people as necessary to the Snack Bar and Restrooms.
4. We are limiting the number of guests in our Snack Bar and Restrooms at a time. Please follow staff directions on when you may enter these buildings.
5. Please use the hand sanitizer before entering the Snack Bar. If you have sensitive skin, you may wish to bring your own.