Date & Time: Thursday, September 21st, 2023 from 11:00am – 11:45am ET
Location: World Biodiversity Summit
Topic: Forests are crucial pillars of our ecosystem, hosting over 80% of terrestrial biodiversity and maintaining Earth's ecological balance. This session will present innovative practices and their potential to propel a nature-positive economic transition, enhance ecosystem resilience, and facilitate the successful implementation of the Global Biodiversity Framework. Speakers will examine the role of financial mechanisms in fostering regenerative forest management, a critical step towards achieving climate resilience and biodiversity conservation.
- Jing Tauli Corpuz, Managing Director, Policy, Nia Tero (Kankanaey Igorot, Philippines)
- Paul Rosolie, Founder, Junglekeepers
- Harry Quicke, Senior Science Fellow, Envu
- Dr. Susan Gardner, Director, Ecosystems Division, UNEP
- Kristian Teleki, CEO Fauna & Flora